Mr. Arun Kumar Ojha
- Master’s Degree in Geology.
With more than 13 years of experience in the field of hydropower development, Mr. Arun Kumar Ojha is the Executive Chairman of Sanima Hydropower (P.) Ltd. An entrepreneur, an academic gold medalist, and a ‘Mahendra Bidya Bhusan Kha’ awardee, Mr. Ojha has been involved in the stages of the company’s strategic planning, team management, and overall development and has dedicated himself encouraging positive changes nationally through investments in the Hydropower sector as well as other business ventures. He also holds the position of Chairman for various other International companies in Russia and Canada (eg. Nachalo Corporation Canada).
Dr. Jugal bhurtel
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.), in Environmental Engineering; Yamaguchi University, Ube, Japan
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering; Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering; Moscow State University of Civil Engineering, Russia.
Awarded with a PhD in Environment Engineering from Yamaguchi University, Dr. Jugal Bhurtel brings a wide range of knowledge and expertise to the Sanima group, especially on matters concerning technicality and policy on hydropower development in Nepal. In addition to his Doctorate, Dr. Bhurtel also possesses a Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering from the Asian Institute of Technology and a Master’s degree (with honours) in Civil Engineering from the Moscow State University of Civil Engineering. Currently, Dr. Bhurtel holds the position of the Managing Director for Tamor Sanima Energy Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Subarna Das Shrestha
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.), in Technical Sciences (Hydro-technical and Land Reclamation Construction); 1998, State Supreme Certifying Committee of Russian Federation, Moscow
- M. Sc. (Hydraulic structures and hydroelectric power plant), 1991, Moscow Institute of Hydro-technical Engineering and Land Reclamation, Russia
Hydropower and Transmission Line Development, Environmental Studies
Decorated with a Doctorate in Technical Sciences (Hydro-technical and Land Reclamation), Dr. Subarna Das Shrestha holds the position of Chief Executive Officer of Sanima Mai Hydropower Ltd and has been with the company since its inception. He has been involved in the field of Hydropower development and environmental assessment for more than 22 years. His years of experience have rewarded him with a wide range of knowledge, especially on matters related to the technical aspects, policies and acts that concern hydropower development in Nepal as well as environmental procedures and financial aspects that hydropower projects entail.
In addition to his work with Sanima Hydropower Group, Dr. Shrestha is also actively involved in proliferating the hydro energy sector in Nepal. He has held the post of President in the Independent Power Producers’ Association Nepal (IPPAN) and, under his guidance, the IPPAN successfully conducted the Power Summit in the year 2013. He also actively participated in policy reforms as well as lobbied for private sector friendly policies, regulations and their prompt and effective implementation. He is also a member of the Electricity Tariff Fixation Committee, Government of Nepal, and EIA review committee at the Nepalese Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment. Being a responsible and visionary hydropower developer, Dr. Shrestha has dedicated himself to establishing quality services for all parties involved in Sanima Hydropower, and provide benefits to local communities.
Mr. Tuk Prasad Paudel
- M.Sc. in Hydropower Development, (1998-2000), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering with honors (Specialization in Hydraulics), (1986-1992), People’s Friendship University, Moscow
Hydropower Development, Structural Design, Hydraulics and Financial Analysis
With more than 22 years of experience in the study, planning, and development of Hydropower projects, Mr. Tuk Prasad Paudel is considered a veteran in the field of Hydropower Engineering. Holding a M.Sc. in Civil Engineering (Hydraulics) from Moscow Friendship University and a M.Sc. in Hydropower Development from Norwegian University of Science and Technology, he is renowned for his expertise in hydropower development and his experience in the field of project management. Mr. Paudel is currently involved in the overall development phases of all projects related to Sanima Hydropower (P) Ltd.
Mr. Ajoy Karki
- Master of Science degree in Hydraulic Engineering, (2000), UNESCO- IHE, The Netherlands
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, (1990), The University of Iowa, USA
- Bachelor of Arts (Cum Laude) degree in Physics, (1990), Coe College, Iowa, USA
Hydropower Development, Energy, Water Resources Engineering, and Project Management
With a strong focus in Water Resource Engineering and more than 23 years of experience in management, design and studies of rural electrification and renewable energy projects, Mr. Karki is the Director of Sanima Hydro and Engineering (P.) Ltd. and is responsible for the overall management of the company. Mr. Karki has been a part of multi-disciplinary teams that have been involved in studies, design and evaluation of water resources projects and sector studies, both nationally and internationally (over 14 countries in Asia and Africa). Mr. Karki has also provided consulting services as a hydropower expert for Asian Development Bank, KfW (German Bank for Reconstruction), UN agencies, World Bank, International Finance Corporation (IFC) and United States Assistance for International Development (USAID) projects.